Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

abnormal pap smear
cnadygirl53 posted:
three years ago I had a pap smear that was abnormal but was told it would be okay, well since then I was slow to go back thinking everything was fine. but somthing got me wondering I am in nursing school and pretty much remember a lot of things, like last month a fellow student weighed me and I weighed at 284 pounds. last friday another student weighed me and I weighed 230 which means I lost 54 pounds in less than a month. normally I would have taken that as a successful weight loss and counted my blessings but it is accompanied by constant pain in my lower right side and back mainly in the area behind my right arm pit like some one is jabbing me with a knife, strong urges to go suddenly, not eating like I use to, I eat but get full quick. headaches, fatigue, and nausea and I know I'm not pregnant haven't been active in four years should I be concerned? right now I feel like going to the drs is a little bit a waste of time but has any one got advice.

Lacabo responded:
I would have to recommend going back to the Doctor, but go to a Doctor that specializes cancer treatment for woman.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Ovarian Cancer Diagnostic tests: CA125 and ultrasoundExpert
Although the CA125 blood test has not been approved for ovarian cancer screening in asymptomatic women, it is useful in the diagnosis of ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 59 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center