Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Confused Big Time..help...
beetabug posted:
Hi All, You all came to my aid years ago when I had a ruptured cyst that my last doctor was not very helpful with an explanation..Well, years later and I feel like I am just as uninformed as I was back then... I will try to be breif.... I have cysts that come and go as follicles, simple and complex..never to be more then 3.5 cm..Now my last ultrasound shows: six nodules throughout uterus between 1-2 cm in size - left ovary contains several and at least 3 cyst that measure up to 8mm .. OK....now...I started out years ago with 1 and now have all this...My OB was making me go every 4-6 months for ultrasound..I am in pain and on BC for 2 years...I am 38 and no children...I have never had a test for endo. and know it can turn out real bad if left ... Now...my docs nurse called me tonight and said, oh u r fine and thats it...no repeat in ?? or its been 2 years since your last exam, come in...My question is, should I continue to keep an eye on these cyst, whether its every 6 months or even years? My aunt did have Ovarian Cancer and I have a lof of other health issue, 1 being a bone disease that I was told, BC could cause osteo...So now what? I am not "worried", just a little anoid as I do have issues, head to toe and I feel like noone cares at all... I dont mind if a doc. says ok dont worry but after 4 years why now ?? maybe I am over thinking all this BUT the pain and oh yeah being bloated, I could really do without..very very confused and frustated..need real answers from real people...TY all, I appreciate any and all comments...God bless and be well...xoxoxo

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center