Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Surviving OC...
MsLee7 posted:
Hi. I am a Stage 4 Ovarian @ Stage 2 Uterus Cancer survivor, Diagnosed in 2003 at the age of 44. I had total surgery and did a 1 1/2 yrs of Chemo (Taxol &Carboplatin).

I was diagnosed earlier in 2002 (almost a yr exactly before the OC)with a DVT, which led to finding I had Factor V Lieden(clotting factor)& at some time before this ,I had apparently had a Pulmonary Embolism, for I had scar tissue. Now, I take Cuomidin everyday. I also have a Vena Cava filter.

I am now feeling pretty good but I find I have hotflashes and no sexual desire, though I think about it, but find it basically not there. I am only 54 , single and would like to possibly have a relationship again somewhere down the line.

I was told that i could not do hormone replacements because of the cancer...so what to do???

Hope someone out there can give me some ideas....

seekingimmortality responded:
I think testosterone replacement is the solution to your problem. Testosterone is responsible for libido in both men and women, even though the ovaries normally secret a much smaller amount of testosterone than the testes would. I don't think testosterone would have any harmful effect on residual uterine or ovarian cancer cells that may have been missed during the surgery.

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center