Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Ovarian/Fallopian Tubes
An_242412 posted:
I have cysts on my ovaaries. I was pregnant and the Dr said it was etoplicf and I had already known that I had scar tissue on my left tube but my rught tube was fine. I have had a ton of pain and all of a sudden I have "normal" cysts on my ovaries. I am 45 married for 12 years, engaged now for 4 more ,with an 11 year old son from my marriage. I was pregnant again and the Mt Sinai in Baltimore said I "needed" an D&C which I am roman Catholic and goes against a;ll my moral prinicples. They said they were going into "observe" put me under anesthisa and removed both fallopian tubes wgich I found out through an pelvic X-Ray, very painful, not that I care anymore except for my 11 year old. I am sure I have or will have ovarian canccer but I just called Hospice instead. Please pray fro my 11 year old.
God Bless.

someonewhocares3 responded:
So sorry you're dealing with this! What makes you think you have ovarian cancer? Ovarian cancer is quite rare. A woman's lifetime chance is less than 2%. Ovarian cysts are very common but they're almost always benign. You can read about them here - Ovarian cysts and ovarian cancer

I hope this helps!

someonewhocares3 responded:
So are you saying that they removed both fallopian tubes due to the ectopic pregnancy? And they didn't tell you much less explain why they removed both?

What makes you think you have ovarian cancer (OC)? OC is quite rare with a woman's lifetime chance being less than 2%. Ovarian cysts are very common and are almost always benign and will eventually go away on their own, no treatment needed.

Here are a couple of sources of info on ovarian cysts -
http://www.ovaryresearch.com/ovarian_cysts.htm
Ovarian cysts and ovarian cancer

I developed an ovarian cyst (which looked somewhat suspicious on ultrasound). My gyn rushed me into surgery and removed my sex organs (uterus and both ovaries) even though the cyst was benign. This was against "his" oncologist's recommendation to only remove the one ovary. And I discovered afterwards that a surgeon skilled in doing cystectomies could probably have removed just the cyst leaving my ovary (as well as my uterus and other ovary) intact.

Hope this helps! Post back and let us know what you find out and how you're doing.

Helpful Tips

Submit Ovarian Cancer Fighter
Know of someone going through ovarian cancer? Let us help them! I am a cancer survivor that recently started a cancer awareness apparel ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center