Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

32 ovarian cancer and fertility
jessicamontgomery posted:
Hi
I am new to the boards. I have been urged by my doctors to reach out for support. last summer i was diagnosed with stage 1 grade 1 OC. After two surgeries and the removal of my right ovary and fallopian tube it looked like i was in the clear, however recently i was told it had sread to my left ovary. Now I am getting ready to start of one cycle of IVF to save some eggs before my surgery in 6 weeks. I am fourtnate enough that my doctors caught it early so it really good odds that i will be ok, but i am having a really hard time dealing with the loss of my fertility. i am terrified that this one shot at IVF isnt going to work. I am not sure how to deal with my feelings of this loss. thanks for listening...

jam32545 responded:
Hi Jessie, Im an ovarian stage IV survivor, lost all my reproductive organs plus my spleen and apprendix. Thank God I'm still here. I had an early menopause at 38 and have had no children, I did cry my eyes out being told I'm postmenopausal. I just want to encourage you to stay the course. Saving your eggs doesn't end your chance of being a mother. I didn't see in your note that your losing your womb.
Honey lets look at the possibilities--your doctors are trying
to save you some of your eggs for the future. Your eggs are your children. You have every right to mourn the loss of your fertility It wasn't part of the deal or hope. Ask the doctors what is the % of success, whats the procedure, how long can they be stored..ask your questions to get good info, You're in my prayers and get some answers.

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center