Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Long term survivors out there????
silvergirl38975 posted:
Hi there! It has been a while since being here quite often in the past. Jan here.....almost 17 years now and a stg 4. No recurrence to date. Just here to spread hope and encouragement if in need of it. Be well all.......Jan

EML529 responded:
My mother was diagnosed. I'd love to hear about your experience.

An_245904 responded:
Jan,

I would love to know what you did to keep the cancer from re-occurring. My Stage IV cancer came back after only 5 months and I am finished chemo again, but wondering what can I do to prevent re-occurrence? Any suggestions?

grandmayaya responded:
Thank you for showing encouragement. I believe in half full but when you get bombarded by discouragement it eventually make you question what you believing for.

minazena replied to EML529's response:
11 cancer survivor. Diagnosed with stage 13c in 2002. I feel blessed. Do not give up hope.

Suzy56 responded:
Hi I was stage 3 in 1991, still cancer free. There is hope, I was almost killed with chemo, but I am here to say I was blessed with great doctors

pleasehelp8 responded:
My sister in law was just diagnosed with stage 2 ovarian/uterous cancer. Had both ovaries and uterous, and lymphoes, and others removed. Going to get chemo soon, needs to go through chemo eight times. Any experience you can share will be greatly appreciated, particularly on how/what she can do to prevent the cancer from coming back. Thanks.

Helpful Tips

Ovarian Cancer Diagnostic tests: CA125 and ultrasoundExpert
Although the CA125 blood test has not been approved for ovarian cancer screening in asymptomatic women, it is useful in the diagnosis of ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 59 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center