Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Does it sound like ovarian cancer?
katelynn123 posted:
A little back ground info on me, I am 27 and was got diagnosed Dec 2011 with a rare pancreatic cancer. I have my CBC's done every 3 months for the next 6 years. Good news, no signs of cancer coming back. Bad news, my oncologist says I might have developed ovarian cancer. I have had a mass on my right ovary for close to a year. Over two years ago my gyno did a hysterectomy and left both ovaries. Due to the constant pain, 6 months after, I had my left ovary removed. So, now all I have is this right ovary. I have many symptoms including, stomach pressure (at all times--like someone is sitting on me), bloating, lower back pain, lower abdominal pressure, slight discomfort in right thigh (reminds me of RLS), fullness, lethargic, constipation, and nausea off and on during the day.
My CT Scan showed a complex mass of 27.91 x 23.20 mm on my right adnexa. Also, I have enlarged periaortic lyphm nodes measuring at 15.75mm.

My gastro. oncologist wants me seen within a week or two, although, the gyno. oncologist doesn't have anything available for three weeks! So, I'm silently freaking out. Any help or advice would be great!

Thanks,
Kat

katelynn123 responded:
I forgot to mention free fluid within the pelvis is reported as well.

VR

Kat

Anon_6061 responded:
I'm sorry you had pancreatic cancer but glad your prognosis is good. Ovarian cysts are fairly common especially after hysterectomy. MOST are benign. A woman's lifetime risk of ovarian cancer is less than 2% and it's even lower in women who've had a hysterectomy. However, having had pancreatic cancer, this may raise your risk; I don't know. Ovarian cysts can also cause free fluid in the pelvis so that's not necessarily a cause for alarm.

The hormones the ovaries produce are essential to all aspects of a woman's health and mental well-being. Your cyst is very small so maybe they can monitor it over the next few months. If it has to be removed, you may want to pursue having just the cyst removed so you can keep your ovary for the hormones. I was about 50 when my organs were removed and it's been a hormonal nightmare.

Hope it 's nothing serious - let us know what you find out.

Helpful Tips

Ovarian Cancer Diagnostic tests: CA125 and ultrasoundExpert
Although the CA125 blood test has not been approved for ovarian cancer screening in asymptomatic women, it is useful in the diagnosis of ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 59 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center