Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

new to group- ttc with one ovary
Jandhh posted:
Hi, Im new to this site and basically came here to share my story and hope to get a little support. Jef and i got married 6 years ago. He had a vasectomy at the time but as time went on we both grew a strong desire to have children. so 3 years ago and lots of saving we finally had $10,000 saved up and flew to tucson to have doctor sheldon marks preform a vasovasectomy. Dr. marks sad he had a 99% success rate so our journey to having children began. we tried and tried and tried some more. we then decided maybe we should go to a reproductive endo and see that everything was fine with me. that is when the doctor noticed a softball size 8 cm tumor on my left ovary. we watchfuly waited but it only got bigger. the doctor said he felt it should be removed but was confident that no organs would be taken only to wake up to being told that they took the tumor but also my ovary and fallopian tube. i felt so mislead. i felt like that was my ovary and they never even asked how i felt about it getting removed. anyways i have been following up with an oncologist now. again we are back to watchfully waiting. the oncologist said it looks like they got all the cancer and since im only 28 and never had children with the desire to someday raise a family sh is leaving in the remaining ovary. i do have follow ups every 6 months though. now jef had another sa to find his sperm count is dropping. so as of now our options are to do ivf which we cant afford because we just saved and spent $10000 on a reversal.i have considered working in illinois as they mandate infertility insurance but then agin maybe this is gods way of saying we arent suppose to have children. i can just not imagine never having children or experiencing motherhood. i know there are other women out there with similar situations i could just really use some encouraging words. thnks in advance for any and all input. d

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center