Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up


We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Please help identify what's wrong with me!
supawomang posted:

Three years ago, I started getting this weird feeling in my right ovary area. It wasn't pain, but a discomfort. I went in for an ultrasound, which showed a cyst in my right ovary. I went back for another ultrasound 6 months later and the cyst was still there. 3 months later, I had another ultrasound done, and the cyst was gone but the discomfort was still there. So.... I had a CT scan done and it showed everything as normal. During this time, I had blood work done, and it showed that my white blood cell count as low. Went in for another blood test a few days later, and it showed as normal. The doctor didn't really explain this to me. She told me not to worry.

Around the same time the discomfort started, my period became irregular. Before, my period lasted 5 days, but now it's only 3 days long. My cycle used to be 28-30 days, but now my cycle is around 40 days. The blood doesn't drip, it comes out in clumps.

The discomfort turned into sharp, sporadic pain, which radiates a weird sensation down my right inner thigh. It's not really pain, it's just this weird feeling.

Also, I had unprotected sex with my husband for 3 years and haven't gotten pregnant.

I had a laparoscopy done a few weeks ago to see if it's endometriosis. It's not. The doctor didn't find anything wrong with my insides. Also, the CA-125 came out normal as well. So.....

What can it be? Every test I've taken shows that I'm normal. My gyn is as confused as I am.

Anon_6061 responded:
You may want to copy and paste your post to the Women's Health (Gynecology Issues) Community. Nurse Jane is the expert on that board and is very knowledgeable and helpful. It may be a few days though before she has the time to respond.

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center