Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Just diagnosed
2ndbase posted:
My wife just was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and just had her operation Thursday. She is very healthy, 46 years young with one eleven year old daughter.
The doctor did a CT scan after surgery and found more cancer on her kidney, liver and bladder.
The doctor says she will start chemo therapy in about two weeks.
I have so many questions, the doctor says the cancer is in stage 3-4 whatever that means.
I just want to know if this is something we can beat or if I am losing my wife. We were blind-sided with this out of nowhere. No symptoms, no nothing. She went in for a routine check-up and was immediately scheduled for surgery. Now we're told the cancer has spread from her ovaries to other areas. I just want to know what to expect.

Helpful Tips

Ovarian Cancer Diagnostic tests: CA125 and ultrasoundExpert
Although the CA125 blood test has not been approved for ovarian cancer screening in asymptomatic women, it is useful in the diagnosis of ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 59 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center