Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Just diagnosed
2ndbase posted:
My wife just was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and just had her operation Thursday. She is very healthy, 46 years young with one eleven year old daughter.
The doctor did a CT scan after surgery and found more cancer on her kidney, liver and bladder.
The doctor says she will start chemo therapy in about two weeks.
I have so many questions, the doctor says the cancer is in stage 3-4 whatever that means.
I just want to know if this is something we can beat or if I am losing my wife. We were blind-sided with this out of nowhere. No symptoms, no nothing. She went in for a routine check-up and was immediately scheduled for surgery. Now we're told the cancer has spread from her ovaries to other areas. I just want to know what to expect.

An_248137 responded:
I was diagnosed with stage 3c ovarian cancer in 1997...I'm still here today. It is not the death sentence it once was. Mine spread to my liver and lymph nodes nine months after chemo.,I went through another round of chemo with a new drug out...Topotecan..It did the trick.
It's going to be very hectic for a while.Just get a doctor who specializes in female cancers, and do what they tell you to do.
Just be there for her...my husband was the greatest!! She is going to need a strong shoulder to cry on, but she'll get through it...and so will you!! Good luck to both of you.

tvilla412 replied to An_248137's response:
My sister was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer about year and a half ago. She had the surgery to remove everything
where they believe the cancer was including part of her intestines. Shortly after she went through 6 treatments of chemo every 3 weeks. Her CA-125 seemed fine until 2 months ago when her CA levels spiked. They thought at first maybe menopause cause she is 45 but no it's back. She has a loving family, husband and 2 sons. She's back getting 3 treatments of chemo. She has 1 more left and after it really makes her sick after. She saw her doctor yesterday and was told her CA levels are still high. We need Hope please.

tvilla412 responded:
My sister is in the same boat going through second round of chemo in 2 years also stage 3 - 4. I am also concerned for her and her family. I hope everything works out for you all.

Helpful Tips

Submit Ovarian Cancer Fighter
Know of someone going through ovarian cancer? Let us help them! I am a cancer survivor that recently started a cancer awareness apparel ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center