Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Superwoman's Kryptonite
kwr61 posted:
It seemed like yesterday but over a year and half ago my stepmom had to take a job in Georgia just so she could get her retirement , she used to call me on sunday mornings and we would just sit and talk for what I'll call at least a couple of hours talking about everything and nothing, then I had not heard from her for a couple of weeks, my stepbrother called me to tell me that his Mom my stepmom had been diagnosed with stage four ovarian cancer, nobody had seen this coming she was going in for gall bladder surgery when they found it , now you must understand she was what I thought was a Superwoman just plain invincible, she had boundless amounts of energy and had been known to work most men under the table she was as tough as they come, but as feminine as woman could be she could accessorize her outfit to match anything , but I digress, after awhile they brought her back home she was in the hospital for a few weeks then she came home to have all the aggressive treatments and surgeries that they could do she battled and tried so hard but in the end the Kryptonite that is stage 4 ovarian cancer took her from us 08/21/12 now all that I really want is one of those sunday morning calls from Georgia

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center