Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Ovarian Cancer
ShannonKaye posted:
Hello...I have an appointment scheduled with my doctor in a couple of weeks. My symptoms appear under the topic Ovarian Cancer when I rsearch the web. However, I thought I would be specific as they don't all coincide: Severe pain suddenly 4 weeks ago under and including a lower right ribs and side after upon awakening (after urinating) in the morning. Pain so bad it made me sweat and become nauseated. It slowly subsided into a dull, deep ache in that area within an hour. This continued daily. A week later I started spotting daily ( I'm Post Menopausal). The severe pain continues after urination in the morning followed a dull, deep ache which has now spread to my lower back and is chronic through the day. It seems to be worse after longer periods of standing. It also aches during the night and is getting progressively worse. I have also had a very slight headache every day. Has anyone experienced these specific symptoms?

Anon_6061 responded:
I had some of those symptoms. It ended up being a grapefruit-sized ovarian cystadenoma. The frozen section was benign but my gynecologist removed all my female organs anyway. He should have removed JUST the cyst or the one ovary. Even though I'm on HRT, I've been suffering the consequences of the loss of my sex organs ever since. Hope yours is nothing serious! Post back and let us know what you find out.

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center