Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Shadow on Ct scan? Advice
An_254375 posted:
I recently was rushed into hospital with kidney stones. After a CT scan it also revealed I have a shadow in my abdomen 3cm. I have had a blood test 125 today and await a fast track appointment. I had a hysterectomy at 26 yrs old, twenty years ago. The doctor said she was very concerned and gave me a month sick note! any advice on preparation for what might happen next.

Anon_6061 responded:
The CA125 isn't accurate in diagnosing ovarian cancer. If the shadow is a cyst on your ovary, MOST ovarian cysts are benign even ones that look suspicious. 3cm is on the small size and depending on its characteristics listed on the CT scan report, they may be able to monitor it. Did you get a copy of the CT report? What does it say?

I had a suspicious looking 9cm ovarian cyst. My gyn used cancer scare tactics and ushed me into surgery. Even though the frozen section done while I was under anesthesia showed it to be benign (no cancer), he removed both ovaries, tubes, and my uterus anyway. I've been suffering the adverse effects ever since. HRT is not like having ovaries.

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center