Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Pain after partial hysterectom
deanawv posted:
I've never posted on a board like this before, so any help/hints would be appreciated. I had a partial hysterectomy (still have my ovaries) a year ago. For the past three weeks I've been experiencing pain in my lower, left pelvic area. It's not constant, but sometimes it's a sharp pain. I've also notice an increase in joint pain in my ankles, hips, knees and elbows. Can these symptoms be related?

Anon_6061 responded:
Sorry no one replied. The pain in your joints could be caused by hormone deficiency (estrogen and maybe even testosterone). The ovaries have about a 40% chance of failing after hysterectomy. I had a hysterectomy too and when my estrogen is low, my knees hurt.

The pelvic pain could be from adhesions or some other surgical consequence. I have occasional pelvic pain too since my hysterectomy and ovary removal. I had absolutely NO pelvic pain prior to this surgery except for a day of pain caused by an ovarian cyst.

Helpful Tips

Submit Ovarian Cancer Fighter
Know of someone going through ovarian cancer? Let us help them! I am a cancer survivor that recently started a cancer awareness apparel ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center