Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
someone called my dr
harleyhoney2130 posted:
someone called my dr and said i was giving my son drugs , :angry: i was floored i would never do a thing like that its bad enough i have to take meds every day just to make it . plus my son is 14 and alergic to most apin meds we found this out when he was 4 and had lost of issues with ear pain . i have not told my dr that . she did not dissmiss me she sent me for blood work and counted my pills . i have went for 3 more blood and urin test since then . the problem i have till she belives me insted of someone who was calling just to see how much trouble they could cause me . i have a idea who it was im having leagle problems with my x husbands family. i have been havind lots of numbness and tingling in my left side sometimes when i get up to walk my left leg has no feeling and my left foot drags across the floor .i have been in terribile pain i need her to ajust my meds . but when i go in all they can talk about is the phone call . one of my labs did come back with results of nothing in my system not even my other meds that i take for bipolar . i told her it could not be right . so she has tested me several times . how can i ger him to realize i need something done . i know it looks bad but . i need help . am i in danger of been paralized i have a mass at c5c6c7 pressing on my spine . i ahve had a fussion 4 years ago . ra lupus fibro bipolar , i couldnot ask for more to be wrong with me at my age 39 . please someone give me some advice ??????

harleyhoney2130 responded:
i really like my dr and dont want to have to get another one , he did say he woul referr me to another on if he let me go . will i have to suffer till he sees i did not give my drugs to no one . please pray for me im afaraid of been paralized . would injections help the numbness the didnt before but it was never this bad .

_swank_ responded:
Pain pills will not prevent you from becoming paralyzed. If that's going to happen it's going to happen but I've never heard of anyone with back or neck pain just becoming paralyzed all of a sudden. If you have had several drug tests and they all come up showing that you have no drugs in your system then I don't blame your doctor for being suspicious. It's not uncommon for a lab to make a mistake but not several in a row. I can't reiterate enough to people that you should never, ever tell people that you are taking medication, especially narcotics. That leads to trouble more often than not. Don't tell friends, family members or co-workers. The only one that knows I take them is my husband and one close friend that is in the medical profession. As always, don't leave them lying around. Lock them up.

i had one test come back that said o . i am a christain dont abuse my meds . i was saying has anyone had labs come back wrong . and you know they are wrong . no the pain pills wont stop me from been parilized but i have sever pain due to nerve damage from a fusion gone wrong and i ahve a mass on my spine . and i didnt go anounce to all the world what i take . it was a family member who worked at a pahrmacy who called and made that crap up . my dr was not suspicious she said she belived me but the laws are so strickt anyone can call and say soso is not takeing meds right and she would have to make them take a bunch of blood test . but lab tecs messing up when doing labs can make a person look really bad. it is bad enough to have to take this crap and have the pain but to have someone judge you because they dint read a question right , makes me mad . and i dont leave my meds lay around . i do lock them up . :angry: because of the call and the laws she has to do all of this and im conserned that she cant do anything till she waits a sertin time period or dose so many test because of someone lying and making crap up .

forgetful88 responded:
So what where the other tests results? Work with your doctor in getting this straightened out, your lucky, most doctors will NOT retest if one comes back negative for nothing in your system.

so far the other test have been ok cause he wrote me another months supply of meds when i picked the scripts up i went for another blood test .

pain2130 responded:
swak i dont think she felled all the test read it again she only had one that was not right . lab tecs make mistakes they are people too! ill say a prayer for you :smile:

corlaw responded:
I have been tested for over many years on B-12 and never tested higher than around 250 and I had one come back at 2000, crazzzzy she almost took away my b-12 shots until the neuroligist told her that would not be ok because most of my spine damage came from b-12 defiency none in my system for over 8 years...... it can happen but if you had not taken your meds for a day or two they would be clean wouldn't they and as far as the phone call, I would ask health department about my HIPPA rights and a pharmacist that should have not discussed any patients care or meds with a third person especially if a feud could be established between the family members. I would be going to PM and not PCP but the doctor could have concluded that you were possibly selling them or giving them away if they were gone from your system on one day and then AFTER the refill was able to produce the drug in your blood. This would rouse suspicion, also when this stuff is reported, it does not stop at the physician, they normally report it to your insurance and they will track your RX's and share those reports with the DEA, so be sure to stick with one doctor and one pharmacy for a long while or you will lokk guilty even if you are innocent.

annette030 responded:
Your doctor is doing the right thing, even if it is very inconvenient for you. Obviously, this person knew what meds you were taking if they told the doctor what you allegedly gave your son. I am with Swank on this one, I don't discuss my meds with others. And do keep them locked up, especially with a teenager in the house. His friends are coming and going, and you never know for sure what a teenager is up to. I know that from experience. Take care, Annette

Darnall responded:
honeyharley, I too had a blood test come back neg. for the meds I was prescribed and pos. for some drugs I wasn't prescribed and also hadn't taken. So when I got those results along with a registered letter from the doctor dismissing me from his practice I RAN to the local Emergency Care Clinic and got a blood test paying special attention to the results of the first test and all the results of the second test were the opposite. So I took that to the doctors office and it still made no difference. I was floored and in a panic as I'd have NO life without pain relief. It took me about 5 months to finally find a doctor willing to go back to my original pain management, even so, I had to go through all those injections and test try different meds, all the same things I had to do several years earlier to get back to the same place. Came to find out that the doctor that dismissed me and his fellow doctors in that practice were 'weeding out' all of their narcotic-prescibed patients. They just didn't want to deal with the new state laws and the DEA. Of course they could have just said that to begin with and saved me a lot of painful months. Too bad I couldn't sue them. If you have the money maybe going to an independent lab like I did could be of help. Good luck to you.

greg8846 responded:
Dear harleyhoney2130: Your ex-husbands family have nothing better to do than cut you down, i will pray for you also, believe me this will pass and some doctors not all look at like your mental illness makes your pain less than someone who doesn't have bipolar disease. Chronic Pain is also a disease, keep this in mind pain is real, if your doctor kicks you out of her practice you might remind her that you are somewhat protected under Hippa rules and regulations, try to keep all you health needs as private as possible along with medications that are prescribed to you. Also keep in mind not all urine tests are not always 100% right. Certain medications like Oxycontin takes a special urine tests, not all urine test will show positive for this drug. You may be forced to get another doctor with more empathy and understanding to your particular health care needs. Good Luck please don't give up there alot of people here that want to help. Greg Armstrong Emt-P/Emt-A/EMS Inst-Ret :lightsmile: :lightsmile:

thank you for your support , i know the dr have to be carefull their is so many people who abuse drugs in the area i live in . i have been praying if i didnt have a mass on my spine i wouldnt worry but with a mass you never know what it can turn into . keep my in your prayers .

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

I live in Arizona
If you drive in Arizona you can goto jail for DUI for any meds in your system, There are no buses where I live. I guess I will just sit ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.