Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
This new Pain Message thing
greg8846 posted:
Hi Guys:

This whole thing of posting is a big change to me, maybe onc I get used to it I will be okay, does anyone feel lost. Annette/Charles/Galib /Teresa anyone here ?

Greg
FirstPrevious12NextLast

angelldakota responded:
I am totally lost... Hoe do we find our group or is this it... I want to know what to do now... lol... lost isnt the word for it lol... caprese where am I?????????

annette030 responded:
Hi, Greg

It is Sat. afternoon. I assume we will get used to this new stuff, but so far I am not liking it. Too much going back and forth from one screen to another, and can't seem to figure out from the basic list of posts, which ones are ones I have read and which ones I have not read.

At this point, I am just focusing on the posts, not the extra features that they are offering, that may or may not be of any use to me.

Take care, Annette

PS, I have seen Charles and Gail, but not Galib or Teresa yet.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to annette030's response:
I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me in viewing discussions and how to determine what's new to me, etc. At this point, I'm just looking at the ones that show there is a new post since I last looked in, judging from the times shown. Not ideal and I hope that will be tweaked for us in the future.

There's also the option of adding discussions to your Watchlist so you can more easily ascertain new responses made to those discussions (either via email notification or via the left sidebar).

And to view the discussions in the similar chronological/linear fashion we did on the old boards, try clicking on the Discussions link on the left sidebar when you first come to this exchange.

We'll get this figured out. Some things I really like, some things I miss, but I also know they're paying attention to feedback and we'll see improvements as we go along.

I also expect that more people will find their way here after the weekend, as usual. :-)

annette030 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I tried leaving the board and coming back, to see if that would cause my replies to be tabulated into the number of replies, but it did not work.

Is it safe to assume that the little box with the - / signs shows if I have read it or not?

Take care, Annette

PS, I do not have the time or the energy to play around with all the features, I just want to rad and answer posts as efficiently as possible. Is there a place that will just explain to us how to do that?

The little -/ sign did not change from - to after I read this post, so I assume that was a wrong guess on my part.

annette030 replied to annette030's response:
Sorry, I meant to type the little -/ sign did not change from - to after I read this post...

annette030 replied to annette030's response:
So I have been typing the little plus sign in all the appropriate places in the last to posts above, it showed up as I typed it in, however, when it posted, your software deleted the plus sign.

I typed "The little -/"plus sign" did not change from - to "plus sign" after I read this post..."

orangetabby replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hey Caprice!

Not liking this format at all eitther! Can't find the post where the replies belong, etc. But one of the biggeest problems is that out of maybe 20 or more attempts to reply....I've only been able to do it twice? Not sure if you will even get this. What happens is that I submit and the only thing that happens is that the page I'm on gets rolled up to the top of the page. It doesn't submit at all. Frustrating. This may be the straw that breaks the camels back!

The times I did get the reply to work I hit control first. Even then that only worked a few times? No consistency here that I can pick on to find a clue on how to work this thing.

My iespell program will not work here either. It doesn't recognize this as a dialog box, I guess. So, typo's will not get spotted for fixing. Yes.... you have one, but it was so difficult to use before, and iespell is so efficient for me. Oh well. I do hope this one will post after 10 or 20 tries.

orange

greg8846 responded:
Hi Annette, Caprice (Chris). angelldakota'

Im getting a better understanding of how this thing works, it not that bad but it does take longer to post though. Good luck
everyone.

Greg

gailb54 responded:
Hi Greg,

It's Gail, it's Saturday night and I'm trying to get use to these changes. Just keep trying things out here like I am. I won't give up on this board because it has helped me so much. I hope you don't, either!

gail

So, I am supposed to write down the times I replied and hope that works and no one else replied around the same time, that is crazy.

No one has sent me any email notifications, I try to check the Watchlist box for every post I make now, but nothing comes in my email box.

I didn't use the old Discussion format as they took to long with all the back and forth from one page to another, I used the email digests.

I am sorry, but WebMD has a history of not caring what its members liked or didn't like before, and changing much of anything. Last time they told me to use the email digests as a work around, now they have taken them away.

Sure, we will figure it all out eventually, we have no choice, but we will probably lose some valuable members along the way. We will see.

Take care, Annette

PS, I know it is not your fault, and there is really nothing you can do except pass along the input to the people who really have not been responsive in the past. Makes it frustrating for us.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to annette030's response:
The plus and minus signs next to a post just expands that post a bit. When you first come to an exchange, the first post listed will be automatically expanded. But you're right in realizing it doesn't tell you whether you've read something or not.

Okay, testing the plus sign myself now....

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Well, how odd. Trying a second way....

BrenBren30813 responded:

I am here to help you, Greg...what can I do for you?

j/k its Bren Bren

i hope you're having some fun like me!

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

I live in Arizona
If you drive in Arizona you can goto jail for DUI for any meds in your system, There are no buses where I live. I guess I will just sit ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.