Skip to content
Deep Burning in Right Breast
KelliJo72 posted:
First off I want to say, I am NOT on my period or near having it. I am having a deep burning pain in my right breast. My mother recently finished treatment for breast cancer. Is burning a sign of breast cancer? I can't get into my doctor until June 1. I don't feel I need to go to the emergency room. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Oh I should also mention, I weighed my breasts and the right one weighs 3.5 lbs more than the left.

seminolearnp responded:
Well hello KellieJo.
Pain can be a symptom of breast cancer but not frequently in early stages. Cancer is usually painless with hard fixed lumps or skin changes. Has there been any nipple discharge? What is more concerning is the weight difference. How did you weigh your breasts? Asymmetry of the breast is a sign. Look in the mirror and check for differences in appearance. Have you done a self exam? Do you have any other symptoms? Do they look the same, feel the same? Are they sore or hot to touch? Since your mom has the disease maybe you could see her doc. Does you doc know of the family history? Don't wait til June. See someone soon even if it's a walk in clinic. They will then refer you to the appropriate place. By the way how old are you? Have you had a mammo? Let me know. You can't play with a family history of breast cancer. Be assertive. Make them see you. I will be worrying and praying for you. Take care and post soon!!

cj

annette030 responded:
I would get a mammogram and a clinical breast exam by your doctor, just to ease your mind.

It is not uncommon to have one breast larger than the other. I am not sure how you could weigh them accurately.

Seminolernp gave you things to check for, lumps, discharge, etc.

Take care, Annette

greg8846 responded:
Hi Kellijo.
I hope you have found Seminole message by now and went to see a doctor any where to be seen Seminole is very good with these sorts of medical issue i would trust my life to Seminole or Transcriber here on the board in any order anytime. Please let us know how your are.

Greg Armstrong

cabrel replied to greg8846's response:
hi, i wrote another post earlier about dealing with pain that won't subside even after beaucoups of medications. greg, if you think they (seminole and transcriber) have a medical background and are experienced in these types of things, should i repost and put their names in the titles?? or are you guys friends and you just trust one another's advice?? i'm looking for advice from someone who has been out their in the field. thanks!

greg8846 replied to cabrel's response:
Hi Cabrel;
Yes i have been out there for over 28 years and i have a very extensive back ground did someone fail to answer your question if so im sorry re-post it and i will respond to it.

Greg

Hi Cabrel ;
I think i responded to two or three of your posts about your wife didn't i , how is she now doing .

Greg

cabrel replied to cabrel's response:
and greg, i'm asking these questions on behalf of my wife, because she is "afraid" to write, so if you could offer advice on how to deal with this, i would appreciate it.she's out of the room now and i'm not going to do this for her anymore, but i'll relay any advice you can give, thanks CJ

ps. she knows i "just signed up" for this site, she's not aware of the previous posts.

Hey Cabrel;

Im not suppose to do this but email me at gregory8846@centurylink.net .

Greg

KelliJo72 replied to seminolearnp's response:
Hi, cj
I'm going to answer your questions one by one...
No nipple discharge.
I weighed by breasts on a home digital scale that I set on a table and sat at the same height. It may not be ideal, but it worked. :)
I have always noticed that my right is bigger than my left, but now its a LOT bigger.
I do self exams twice a month.
My other symptoms are itchiness. Not sure if this is associated with the issue I am having in my breast, but it's a symptom nonetheless.
I can only feel this hardness in the right breast.
Sore-yes. Hot to touch- yes.
My doctor is aware of my family history, but he seems fixated on my bipolar disorder right now. (I recently started seeing this doctor, and the first thing he was/is treating me for is bipolar)
I am 37, turning 38 at the end of the month.
I have never had a mammo. To be honest, I know I need one, but have been so scared since my mom was sick.

Thanks for your reply and for your prayers. I will post again soon.

seminolearnp replied to KelliJo72's response:
Hey KelliJo,
The good news about what you told me is that cancer usually is not hot or painful. I am concerned that you have an infection in your breast. Firmness with pain, swelling, and heat can indicate abscess or infection of your mammary glands. Get it checked out NOW! Dont wait. Something that may can be easily treated with antibiotics can develop into sepsis, or put you in so much pain you cant stand it. Dont let your fear run your life. You are in control. You CAN do this. Let me know how it goes. Sending lots of love your way...
cj

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

medication
Hi! I hope this finds you feeling better I know finding the right meds are hard. I agree with fentanyl being strong...have they ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.