Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

vaginal pain
    An_223190 posted:
    i have been having pain in the left side of my vagina wall the bone area what could be causing this

BrenBren30813 responded:
    Hey there Anon. You will have to be more specific because the femal pelvis has sooo many intracacies that your statement is very difficult to interperate. What type of pain is it (stabbing, throbbing, burning,etc)?
    Does it hurt after intercourse? From sitting? Does sitting on the toilet reliev the pain? Your pelvic floor muscles could just be really tight. Or you could have fibroids? Or you could have the mid-cycle pain with ovulation....etc. Could you be more specific and maybe someone could help you? In the meantime, you should make an appt. with your doc at the least, if not your OBGYN if it is pain that has lasted more than several days. Good luck, and welcome to our pain management exchange, B

greg8846 responded:
    Hey Anon:
    Outside of the pain are you having any discharge or tenderness any where else right now. I will tell you something
    you should try to get into see you OB/GYN or your Family
    Doctor and have things checked. You did not happen to fall
    or have any type of blunt injury that you may have forgotten about. Anything would be helpful, but please see your doctor
    plus none of us are there with you and its hard do answer your
    question because your question does not say much if there
    was a injury or any other problem. That's like trying to drive with a blinders over your eyes.Well good luck and please get
    checked. In fact if one of the doctors were here he or she would advise to see a doctor. Good luck.

Greg Armstrong

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Judging people with or without chronic pain
    I try not to judge people by anything they do if they aren't hurting themselves or someone else. Unfortunately, I know that I've been judge ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 8 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.