Skip to content
Tingling in back of head w/migraine
JessicaH777 posted:
I have had my headache constantly for 19 +months now. It never goes away. I have seen my PCP and a neurologist. I had a MRI and it was fine. I have tried many medications and nothing has worked.

I have had a migraine for the last 3 days (not uncommon for me). The part that is different is this time I am having a tingling feeling in the back of my head that is constant. Then I also have the feeling like you do when you are falling (but that feeling comes and goes). I was wondering if these new symptoms would mean I should go to the dr. Or if this is just a normal part of the headache?

Thanks Jessica

annette030 responded:
I've had migraines for about 25 years now, I really think that any new or different kind of headache should be checked out by your doctor. A tingling feeling in the back of your head can be caused by occipital neuralgia, this is treatable.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Opana and sweating
I take Opana ER, Vicodin, Soma for arthritis pain and compressed nerve root. I also take Zoloft and Klonopin for depression and anxiety. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.