Skip to content
Groin Pain after heart catherization
J1James posted:
I just recently had a heart cath to close a vsd with a amplatzer device. I been very sore at the spot and it has started to go to my knee and foot sometimes. Hard to walk for long periods at a time. What should I do?

annette030 responded:
Call the doctor who did the procedure, make an appt. and discuss this with him, preferably face to face at their office.

Did he discuss clots with you? Did he give you a list of symptoms for which he recommended immediate care?

Take care, Annette

mustards replied to annette030's response:
I have this too...and an anuryism at the top right of it. Only on one side. No answers per 3 doctors....

mustards replied to mustards's response:
None of them did. I mentioned a thrombosis...no one interested. I have dispaired of any type medical help in this city. I pray. Hope you can find an answer.

_swank_ responded:
It's normal to be sore where they did the cath. I had the mother of all bruises afterwards. Eventually all that blood from the bruise works its way downward due to gravity. At least that was my experience. Check with your doctor but unless the pain is excruciating he'll probably tell you it's normal.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.