Skip to content
Nagging Right Shoulder Pain
markgreene posted:
Hi folks...24 male here, decent health.
The last 48 hours I've developed an incredible and intense pain under my right shoulder blade, that is persistent and nagging. It does not subside at all and at times seems to radiate around to the front of my chest, causing it to be tight. My arms feel a bit weaker than normal, and I was lifting some boxes a few days, so I sort of wrote it off. But the pain is moderate to severe. I am in the middle of battling an eye infection and have had a persistent dry/green sputum cough (not anything severe) for several months as well, but I've written that off to allergies. Is this just a muscle injury, or could this be something else?

_swank_ responded:
There's really no possible way for people on the internet to tell you what this is except to say yes, it's either a muscle injury or something else. Give it a week or two and if it doesn't go away see an orthopedic surgeon.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.