Skip to content
Sharp Pain on left side of collar bone
An_223383 posted:
For the last 2 weeks I have been getting a sharp pain on the left side of my collar bone. It is sharp and goes in seconds. There is no regularity- one day I can have it at night, next day no pain and next day have it again at night. I have been seeing an endocrinologist for hyper thyroism but I am still undergoing testing. I have high blood pressure and a heart murmur. What can it be?

_swank_ responded:
It's impossible to diagnose this over the internet. It likely has nothing to do with high blood pressure or thyroid problems. If it's a problem then start with an orthopedic surgeon. Could be a shoulder or spine problem or something else.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

medication
Hi! I hope this finds you feeling better I know finding the right meds are hard. I agree with fentanyl being strong...have they ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 8 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.