Questions about Medtronic pain pump implanted for severe AVN.
rjbeck77 posted:
I was wondering if anybody has had any personal experience with the implanted medtronic pain pump. I have a bone disease called avascular necrosis that is requiring me to have both hips replaced, both shoulders and I was just diagnosed with AVN in my knee's. I've had 1 shoulder replaced and 1 hip will be done in October then the other shoulder. All of my joints have collapsed at the end of the bones so every time I move it's very painful. I am only 42 and will become the bionic man at some time but until then the pain is unbelievable. Thanks for any input RB

An_223410 responded:
I haven't, but as a nurse I have had patients with them who think they work well. I would recommend you see a good pain management doctor and ask him/her how many patients they have on the device and how many current patients they have. Ask for him/her to give you a reference to speak with two or three of the patients

An_223411 responded:
oh btw, i"m so sorry you are in so much pain, I have a back pain issue - sounds like you are having a rough time. Keep your chin up!