Skip to content
belly button pain
notfeeling posted:
I have this pain located inside my belly button. I have had it off and on for a couple of years now, it usually lasts about two days then goes away. It is a really sharp pain inside my belly button and it is painful for me to touch it. Any advise on what could be causing this?

_swank_ responded:
Lots of things can cause this including a hernia. If you can feel a lump in there you'll need to have it checked out. If it's been there for two years and you're not sick then it's not likely to be anything too dangerous. Hernias tend to get bigger over time and they never go away.

notfeeling replied to _swank_'s response:
thanks for the advice, but its not a hernia. my belly button is not hard or is there any hardness around it. it just hurts internally and I have mentioned it to my doctor but he wasnt sure. But that is the only place that it hurts, right inside of my belly button. any other suggestions?

davedsel57 replied to notfeeling's response:
The only other suggestion anyone could offer would be for you to have your doctor check it out. Unfortunately, you can not be diagnosed over an internet message board. Any suggestions would be guesses and would not really help. See your doctor.
Blessings, -Dave

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.