Skip to content
Bruised Ribs?
Tiffaniie3 posted:

A few nights ago I slipped and fell down a flight of stairs. I woke up the next morning with extreme chest and rib pains. I can not take deep breaths and I have a huge bruise on my left thigh. My entire left side is killing me. I can't walk much, nor can I lift anything heavy without feeling a stabbing pain in my stomach on my left side. I have been breathing very shallow because anything causing my rib cage to expand hurts. My back and neck are also sore.

Has this happend to any of you? Should I really go to the hospital? For somereason I dont think its necessary but this happend Friday night it is now Monday morning and I feel like the pain got worse.
davedsel57 responded:

I don't think the hospital would do much for you at this point. You may want to see your regular doctor for an evaluation.
Blessings, -Dave

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.