Skip to content
Bruised Ribs?
Tiffaniie3 posted:
Hello,

A few nights ago I slipped and fell down a flight of stairs. I woke up the next morning with extreme chest and rib pains. I can not take deep breaths and I have a huge bruise on my left thigh. My entire left side is killing me. I can't walk much, nor can I lift anything heavy without feeling a stabbing pain in my stomach on my left side. I have been breathing very shallow because anything causing my rib cage to expand hurts. My back and neck are also sore.

Has this happend to any of you? Should I really go to the hospital? For somereason I dont think its necessary but this happend Friday night it is now Monday morning and I feel like the pain got worse.

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

I don't think the hospital would do much for you at this point. You may want to see your regular doctor for an evaluation.
Blessings, -Dave

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!