Skip to content
pksndk81
pksndk81 posted:
I am interested in others who have fibromyalgia. It is a very crippling syndrome. I wish there was more research on it and more treatments. I think it is a very misunderstood disorder. Most people who know you think that the pain I experience all over my body is all in my head. It leads to stress and depression which only makes it worse. I am interested in how others are treated for fibromyalgia. I have takin cymbalta which is very expensive but seems to help, and also tramadol/ultram which is a non narcotic but works like one. It controls how your body reacts to pain. which is from my shoulders all the way down to my toes. Also take naproxen as needed for anti inflammatory. It takes all I have to deal with this daily problem.

davedsel57 responded:
Hello and welcome.

Many of us here on the WebMD Pain Management Community understand as we also deal with Fibromyalgia every day. WebMD does have a Fibromyalgia Community that you may want to visit here: http://exchanges.webmd.com/fibromyalgia-exchange
Blessings, -Dave

1wareaglefan responded:
Hello...I, too, have fibro, and I was also going to tell you about the web md fibromyalgia exchange board. I come here, too, though, because I have other neck and back issues that cause pain as well. I also like to read about how others manage their pain.

My experience with the so-called fibro drugs hasn't been too good. I couldn't tolerate cymbalta or savella, and the side effects of lyrica scared me, so I didn't even try it. I currently try to keep my mood and sleep under control with prozac and xanax, and my pain drug I was taking, darvocet, just yesterday was taken off the market. So I guess I'll get in touch with my doctor and see what's next.

I go to a pain management doctor, who has given me 2 steroid injections in my neck. Those have helped somewhat with my all-over fibro pain. But they don't last forever.....this last one is actually starting to wear off.

It's definitely a trial and error process with finding what works. I just continue reading and trying to follow some of the natural helps like heat, mild exercise, stretching, vitamins, sleep, etc.

Good luck to you...it sounds like you've got yours somewhat under control.

Take care....Elizabeth

annette030 responded:
I have found my favorite place to find FMS info is http://www.myalgia.com

It is not interactive, just lots of great information.

Take care, Annette

pksndk81 replied to annette030's response:
thanks for telling me about this sight. I am always looking for information about fms

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.