Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PAIN FROM GROIN TO BUTTOCKS AREA.
Janjikki posted:
I have been to my MD, a neurologist and a Chiropracter. I've had an MRI and a Catscan. Diagnosis--chronic nerve problem. I went to physical therapy twice and it aggravited it. Strangely, I lay down to bed and sleep well. I can't even tie my shoes w/o pain and I have taken Neurontin,Lyrica,and Tramadol and it made me sick. applied heating and cold packs--no help. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? HELP!

kron89 responded:
Hello Janjikki,

I am having all kinds of nerve related issues due to Osteoarrthritis in my spine. This is causing Spinal Stenosis which is narrowing of the spinal canal which compresses nerves. I have found the best thing for me is traction. I haven't been able to afford the lumbar spine machine, but I did purchase a cervical machine. It helps for now. It isn't a cure, but it does help with decompressing the spine enough to bring a little relief. Please, if you have never tried it, consult your Dr. first and get some training so not to cause further damage. The only 'medication' that has helped me is medicinal cannabis. All the other 'meds' they always hand out, gave me too many side affects to be helpful. Good luck to you and stay strong.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.