Skip to content
Figuring it out
Synergy0309 posted:
Hi Everyone,

I am Donna. I don't yet know what I have, my doctors are all running their tests. I have pains in my hands, feet, knees and various other bones in my body from time to time and feelings of fatigue. I am turning 26 years old in less than a week. And labs have come back normal so far, except my thyroid one is slightly off but they said it was normal a few months ago and its SO slight that they are retesting me again. So I am being sent for xrays now. And a full body bone scan. I was wondering if anyone has ever had one of those done, and what I should expect from one of those full body bone scans...I have it scheduled for later this month (wish I could do it sooner, but due to work I had to wait longer than I wanted). So far my PCP thought I might have RA but now I dont know what to expect. Its just painful on various days to do different things, and some days I will be okay. Any insight or help is welcome. Thanks.

Donna

1wareaglefan responded:
Hello, Donna....have you researched fibromyalgia? It causes widespread body pain and fatigue. Blood tests are all normal, xrays, etc. There are 18 tender points that a doctor will press on to see if you hurt there. After I read the symptoms of fibro, I realized I probably had it. A rheumatologist diagnosed me 2 1/2 years ago with it.

I hope you find out soon what you're dealing with. Keep us posted, ok?

Take care.....Elizabeth

Synergy0309 replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
Thank you for your response. So far only a few things in my blood tests are coming up a little odd but nothing having to do with what I am describing apparently according to my doctor. He is testing my thyroid function again though. Apparently something in one of my tests was slightly off but he said that my tests from a few months ago were perfect so if this has been bugging me for years then this makes no sense. So we are still waiting for my Full Body Bone Scan later this month (darn my work schedule) and a few xrays which I should be getting tomorrow if I can get out of the doctors office I work at for lunch and sneak over to the other office for the radiology dept. to do their job on me. I had looked into Fibro. but think my doctors are trying to rule out all the other stuff first due to the nature of my pain in my knees and hands.

I find it hard to explain to my coworkers how much it hurts differently from each day sometimes to work. They are all young like myself (26 years) and one even jokes and says i am just a cry baby. And I would never wish this on someone but sometimes I want them to just understand my situation so they would just not make me feel so bad when I am under the weather. Or having so many doctors visits. These visits are getting costly even with insurance (I also see a neurologist for severe migraines).

Donna

Dollbug responded:
Hello Donna.....MiMi in NC....I normally post on the FM community.....but I did see your post and wanted to ask you....if you have gotten your Vitamin D level checked.....this is so very important for a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause pain within itself...and it can also affect other illnesses as well....it is a simple blood test....but you MUST ASK the doctor to run it....as it is not included (yet) in the normal blood work that they do.....

I hope that you will soon find out what is going on with you...

Take care and good luck....

MiMi

Synergy0309 replied to Dollbug's response:
Actually my D levels were checked by my Neurologist last year and are on the low side, my rheumatologist was given all of these blood tests from the past year, they were not LOW though, and I have been taking a D supplement since then. I think though he was testing me because of my other migraine condition because he tested me for other vitamin levels as well.

My B12 was a little low too so I take a supplement for that too. But again my doctor has those labs as well. He has taken more labs from me as well but I dont have my visit with him until the 1st. And I have my SCAN in 1 week. Today was very painful. I have been pain free-ish for about a week and all of a sudden my whole body hands, knees and feet just started hurting and it just hurts.

I have slight swelling in my hands but not a lot. I get cold very very very easy but I am not anemic by the way. My iron levels are perfect. I dont know if that has to do with anything. I just want to find out why all these years I keep having these off and on pains, and my bones hurt. It makes me feel depressed after this happens it seems.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
46 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.