Skip to content
pain in the back
An_223693 posted:
Hi, i am a 34 year old female who has been diagnosed with moderate to severe degenerative disc disease in addition to my Si joint having trouble. I live in an area of the country where the doc's are terrified to write opiate based medication, however ,my pain is out of control. I can't work, I'm depressed (despite my Zoloft prescription) and I just hurt all the time. Does anyone know of any doctors in the South Central area of Indiana that may be compassionate toward my dilema. I have x-rays and MRI's to back up my diagnosis. My doctor put me on 7.5mgs of vicoprofen one pill every 12 hours and that's not cutting it. I could sure use something longer lasting. Please help!!!

Dollbug responded:
Hello.....MiMi in NC....I normally post on the FM community board....but I do read other posts sometimes....

I would hope that the doctors would try to get to the root of your problem and fix it.....since you are in a lot of pain...it is obvious that something is causing it....and "it" needs attention....

I would like to encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....which is so important for a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain...and it can also affect other illnesses as well...it is just a simple blood test...but you MUST ASK the doctor to run it....as it is not included (yet) in the normal blood work that they do to rule out other things....

If your Zoloft is not helping perhaps you need to discuss this with your doctor also....

I hope that you will find something that will help you cope soon....

Take care and good luck...

MiMi

4freedom responded:
Hello, I wish I could recommend a Dr to you in your area, but I'm no where near you... I'm in NC...

I also have DDD, along with several other pain causing problems...is your Dr in pain mangement ?... If not and you cannot get him to give you enough help to try to improve your quality of life, maybe he/she could refer you to a pain management office.

~ Lately I am getting much relief from" Lodocaine patches"... I can cut them up and use them in different areas to make them last longer...it maybe something you could ask about !!

take care ~ lyn

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

TylenolExpert
Overdoses from acetaminophen send thousands of people to the emergency room in the U.S. each year according the Centers for Disease Control ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.