something stupid
end_of_rope posted:
Have you ever done something so stupid that after you think to yourself how did I not know that was stupid? Well, I did this past weekend. My husband and I live in a "fixer upper" and I helped in the yard on Sat. For two hours. Bundleing wood, sweeping, shoveling, loading garbage bags etc. Needess to say it is now Tuesday and I am still in pain because of it, I mean worse than usual. All I can say is DUH!! It is so frustrating to not be able to do the things you used to or want to, sometimes I try to pretend it's all in my head, I'm fine and I do the dumbest things. The true problem is that I don't learn, I keep trying to do things I can't, but I guess that's better than sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Just wanted to share. Thanks for listening.
Hope all is well!!
Roe

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Me me me!

I do that too. I do pretty well at pacing myself but sometimes I just want or need to do things that mean more pain. Personally, though, I have a life to lead and the psychological fallout of NOT doing so is worse than the pain fallout when I overdo. It's always a fine balancing act.

I hope others will chime in too.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you'll help them to become what they are capable of becoming. ~Goethe

lbwchicky replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
SAME BOAT AS YOU