Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

pain..please help..
    garretto83 posted:
    i hurt my knee in sep 09..and there was nothin on mri pain never left and i had to quit my job now its been well over a year and my knee still hurts daily but now my whole leg hurts and my hip and lower and somtimes even my upper back hurt everyday..i lost my health ins when i lost my job and i have recently been going to the free clinic but they did an mri on my back and it was normal i raly dont understand and dont know what to do ...but i cant take this anymore i know that much........please help!!!!!

Take the Poll

has any one else experienced anything like this or am i truly loosing my mind?....cuz thats how i feel
    • yes i am crazy.
    • no im not..
    vote
    View Poll Results

end_of_rope responded:
    Keep going to the same place, keep saying the same stuff. Doctors depend too much on their tests and not enough on the words and thoughts of their patients. I also have no insurance but unfortunately there is no free clinic. Keep a log book on pain levels, daily activities and where exactly the pain is. If you can describe the pain that would help too like burning, aching etc. YOU ARE NOT CRAZY!! The medical community is completely unprepared to treat pain that doesn't show up on tests. Ask them for a cbc, white blood cell count, ANA (either positive or negative) sed. rate ( the higher the number the more swelling). Have you gotten x-rays? CT scans? Can u see a nuerologist? Did you apply for disability? I am no doctor but I have been through this, I worked at a blood testing lab and have a BS in Biology. MAKE them hear you!!! Good luck, keep us posted
    Roe

lbwchicky replied to end_of_rope's response:
    IN SAME SITUATION...HAVE MULTPLE HEALTH ISSUES...AND HARD TIME GETTING NEEDED HELP:{

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

neck/skull pain
    I have exactly the same pain problem from the sound of it. Does it feel like a hot slicing pain in the neck and an irritated nerve running ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.