Skip to content
Pain Management
trb2004 posted:
I don't want to take away from anyone's comments so I'll just state my experience & opinion. I have been disabled since January 2004, 7 months before my 40th birthday. I became disabled at the hands of my spouse. Since breaking both leg bones from the ankle joint in 2004 to present day, several things have occured. Arthritis, osteo-porosis(pre-menopause), chronic pain, ect..........the list goes on. The only thing the pain management team at the hospital has done is send a bill. There is no cure all, pill or treatment and there are only so many surgeries a body can handle, so my advice is just take whatever pain medication. It can always be increased and not much else will help. I wish good luck to all in this type of pain!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Trb,

Welcome here and thank you for sharing some of your own story and perspective with us here. :-)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!