Skip to content
lower back pain and blood in my urine
elijah802 posted:
I have been having lower back pain for a while and shrugged it off due to my proffesion as a arborist and the labors that come with it. now in the last few days i have noticed blood in my urine and the back pain getting worse. Unfortunately I do not have health insurance.

_swank_ responded:
Health insurance or not, you need to be seen by a doctor. The sooner the better. If you have a kidney issue it will only get worse and more expensive.Take care of it now.

chroniclowerbackpain responded:
Go to the ER! Now. Its only money pigs wont eat it and you can't take it with you! I had blood in my swimmers Doc. said it was a swolen prostate. Plus sent me to get a test for cancer. Don't wait.

elijah802 responded:
Thank you everyone, I went to the doctors and found out that it was kidney stones. Anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent kidney stones in the future? I have heard that lemon water is the best, but I am open to suggestions for othe remedies.

Kelly_30 replied to elijah802's response:
Hi elijah,

I am so happy to hear that you went in to see the doctor as others suggested!

Drinking 8-10 glasses (8 ounces per glass) of water per day is your best defense against kidney stones. If you want to add lemon, certainly do so. Lemon does provide a nice flavor to water. Best of luck.

Kelly
Living one day at a time.

annette030 replied to elijah802's response:
If you had the stones analyzed when you passed them the doctor could tell you if there were any way to prevent them from forming. The chemical makeup of the stones would tell you what yo try.

Meanwhile, stay well hydrated so any "small" stones will pass without causing so much pain.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

TylenolExpert
Overdoses from acetaminophen send thousands of people to the emergency room in the U.S. each year according the Centers for Disease Control ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.