Skip to content
chronic lower back pain
chroniclowerbackpain posted:
Is there any hope?

Take the Poll

Have you been turned down for Social Security?
  • Number of times turned down.
  • Any crazy reasons you didn't quallify.
  • How long did it take to get approved?
  • Did they predict you would be better on a set date?
  • Are you still fighting for S.S. Administration? Months? Years?
View Poll Results
davedsel57 responded:

The best way to get approved for SSD is to contract an attorney that specializes in this type of case. Most will only charge you a percentage of your retroactive benefits, and may charge a moderate fee for obtaining documentation from your doctors and submitting all the paperwork to the SSA.

The SSA declines about 60% of claims. You MUST provide them with the proof that you can no longer work. An attorney is the best way to accomplish this.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story. Blessings, Dave
_swank_ responded:
Chronic low back pain may not be enough to get SSD. Everyone has back pain at some point and many people have it often. There would be nobody left to work if everyone was able to collect SSD.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Gall bladder
Two years ago. I was experiencing a piercing pain dead center of the chest .it was like someone was taking their finger and pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.