Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

RE: Diagnosis of Cervical Dystonia
    meaningfulc1952 posted:
    Just this week I was diagnosed by my neurologist that I have cervical dystonia. I have never heard of this disease, illnesss, etc. I came home that day and started searching on the internet for more info about this condition. Low and behold, I was totally shocked as to how this affects anyone that has this. What I have learned so far, is that it is a real disabiling neck problem.
    What is so weird to me is that back in the late 70's to 80's I had been rear-rended and had several whiplashes from these accidents. Even so, I never heard any dr. that treated me for the neck problems inform me that I had cervical dystonia. It seems that a lot of things have changed over the years with new and different diagnosis regarding neck injuries. Like I said before I am optimistic that the use of botox will be a very helpful in treating this disease. If anybody has been diagnosed with cervical dystonia I sure would appreciate hearing from you. Any and all suggestions are welome. Thanks, meaningfulc52

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Judging people with or without chronic pain
    I try not to judge people by anything they do if they aren't hurting themselves or someone else. Unfortunately, I know that I've been judge ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 8 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.