Skip to content
RE: Diagnosis of Cervical Dystonia
meaningfulc1952 posted:
Just this week I was diagnosed by my neurologist that I have cervical dystonia. I have never heard of this disease, illnesss, etc. I came home that day and started searching on the internet for more info about this condition. Low and behold, I was totally shocked as to how this affects anyone that has this. What I have learned so far, is that it is a real disabiling neck problem.
What is so weird to me is that back in the late 70's to 80's I had been rear-rended and had several whiplashes from these accidents. Even so, I never heard any dr. that treated me for the neck problems inform me that I had cervical dystonia. It seems that a lot of things have changed over the years with new and different diagnosis regarding neck injuries. Like I said before I am optimistic that the use of botox will be a very helpful in treating this disease. If anybody has been diagnosed with cervical dystonia I sure would appreciate hearing from you. Any and all suggestions are welome. Thanks, meaningfulc52

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.