Skip to content
what to do!!!!!
shaunamharris posted:
i had a car wreck last aug have a bulgin disc between c5 c6 the pain goes threw my neck thrw my spin tp my back...aslo down my left arm down lefrt leg.. both of them stay swollen aslo its starting on my left side of my neck..aslo my left leg turns purple i cant walk right from all of this..what could be the problem and whats the best way to fix it?

thanks for your time

annette030 responded:
I am not sure that all of the pain and swelling you are experiencing is from a bulging disc. I would check in with your doctor and ask him what he suggests.

Take care, Annette

shaunamharris replied to annette030's response:
thank u i just wanted to know if anyone is goning threw the same thing and what helps...they said i didnt need sur!! so am i just goging to get worse and stay in pain?

annette030 replied to shaunamharris's response:
Just because you don't require surgery, it does not mean you will just get worse and stay in pain. What does your neurologist suggest you do?

Take care, Annette

thank u so much have not seen him again yet they did a test
put a needle threw my lower part of my back put die threw it
put me on a table and turn it stright up word and stright up and
did a ct scan...have not found out the rseults form it yet...been
told i have djd and fribiro or how ever u spell it

Unless you see him again, you won't know what he would suggest for a treatment plan, now that the surgeon has said surgery is not right for you.

The die test they did with the CT scan may show the doctor exactly what the bulging disc is pressing on, if anything. I had one of those once, shortly before I had surgery for a herniated
disc at C5-6. It just gave the doctor more information than he got from an regular scan.

I assume by "fribiro" you mean Fibromyalgia, also shortened to fibro or FMS. This can make treating any painful stimuli a bit more challenging. But, not impossible. I have DDD or DJD (different doctors use different terms) of my cervical spine and FMS also. My pain is adequately treated, and I live a happy, fulfilled life, though I cannot work as a nurse anymore. That was a hard transition, but I got through it.

Take care, Annette

i understand i use to be a hair dresser loved it really did! doc
told me disabillity is best for me they r sendindg me to
pain manage kinda worried but i do what doc tell me to do!
they said i have too many injeryes so they think they can help
which i pray every day miss working so bad and playing with my kids that god blessed me with..so im greatful for being a
live that car wreck could have been so much worse!
im so happy for u and thank u so much for the info
may god bless u

You take care of yourself. You will get through this just fine. Do what you can do to help yourself, and follow your doctor's instructions (after you do your own research, of course).

Take care, Annette

will do thank u so much for your input means alot!!!

shaunamharris replied to shaunamharris's response:
they put me on storids like seven one day six the next ect...
why did they make pain worse?

It is hard to tell if the pills made your pain worse, or if it just happened to get worse while you were taking them, and would have anyway.

Tell your doctor and see what he says.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

medication
Hi! I hope this finds you feeling better I know finding the right meds are hard. I agree with fentanyl being strong...have they ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.