Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
fent patches
Anon_238810 posted:
use the 25mg patch because my hand was cut off at work and reattached.i have been using them for over a year now and when first put on about 6 hours later i start itching everywhere. it goes away after a while. it also gives me energy to do things for a day then as time goes on it slows till i put another one on.

Magsjeanea responded:
what do you need to know? Are you worried about the itching? Are you worried about the energy or the energy slowdown? Please write back so we will be able to help you. I use a patch and make sure it is on my leg cause it causes itching when on my arm or my chest. I also use a bioclusive dressing like Tegaderm, you can get them at Walgreens or a local drug store just ask the pharmacist. Hope you get the answers you are seeking.
Take good care,
Jeaneau
Love Goes There, Mag's Jeaneau

annette030 responded:
Itching all over is a fairly common side effect of opioid drugs. Examine your skin for any rash and see your doctor and let him know what is going on.

I had all over itching with vicodin for awhile, and it went away on its own.

Take care, Annette

REDDOGG43 responded:
I was put on the patch one time and yes it mad me itch terible also I also broke out in terrible rashes. I will never use those again. I f you are breakin out in a rash around the spot u apply them u may be like me to the adhessive. I don't know of any opioad that dose not make you itch over time it will usually go away.

Take care RED DOGG

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.