Skip to content
World Gratitude Day - September 21st
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Even when we're dealing with pain and/or fatigue and the basic struggles of life, we each have good things in our lives and it's a good idea to acknowledge them to remind ourselves that they exist even on the worst days.

For what are you grateful this week/month/year?

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

davedsel57 responded:
I am always and forever will be grateful for all the abundant blessings I believe God has given.

My wonderful wife who is supportive and understanding of my disability and chronic pain. She is my best friend, life partner and soul mate.

My wonderful sons who have grown into responsible young men. They live with us still and are working hard to earn money for college. They are a big help around our home.

The Lord's provision despite losing 60% of our income when I became disabled in May 2008. We have debts, but we have never missed or been late with any of our payments.

A home that we are now able to have a new roof put on this month. As part of the project our contractor is extending the roof out for 12 feet and covering our patio which is something we have wanted since buying the house 24 years ago.

Still being able to walk for the most part.

Still being able to do very light housekeeping and the cooking for our family.

Finding effective pain management methods that do not involve the prescription pain medication as I am allergic to almost all of them.

Being very computer savvy and being able to take care of my family's finances and personal business.

Being available and able to get my dad the care he needed when he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's earlier this year.

Wonderful friends who also help us in our home and gardens as needed.

Being active in four WebMD Communities where I can share my experiences to support other and gain knowledge and support.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

steverreno replied to davedsel57's response:
I'm just glad to be alive for which I thank my God.

Stevereo

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
So many things, Dave. I have many of the same and have to admit that there are times when I get bogged down and forget them. You've reminded me of some of my own.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to steverreno's response:
Now that's a good one, Stevereo!
~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.