Skip to content
Pain in shin without bruising?
ShannonRichey posted:
I'm not sure if I am in the right place or not, but here goes. On the shin on my right leg, it hurts to touch it. There is no bruising, but just the slightest touch of my clothes bothers it. It's definitely bad when I kneel or sit on it on the floor. It didn't do this before. I've been looking and everything I see talks about bruising, but there is no bruise. There has not been a bruise there for a while now as far as I know. I don't remember banging it up against something but I'm klutzy so I might have and not remembered. I've had numbness and tenderness before but that's it.

I got a henna tattoo at a party from a vendor last week. There is no reaction at the site of the tattoo (ankle), but could this be part of it?

davedsel57 responded:
I'm sorry, but it is both impossible and against the rules here to provide any type of diagnosis or medical advice. Anything any of us say would be guessing and really do you no good. You really need to see a doctor for evaluation and treatment.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

ShannonRichey replied to davedsel57's response:
True, I'm sorry I didn't mean to break the rules or put anyone out. I wonder if anyone else has had this issue? I'm going to have to go back to the doctor next week anyway for something else, maybe there's a tie-in. It has gotten better since I started removing the henna tattoo, since it was the 'black henna' type that has bothered other people I know.

Thanks and sorry to bother!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to ShannonRichey's response:
You weren't bothering anyone, no worries. We just wanted to let you know that an online message board is pretty limited in how it can help.

Now, we can support you. Let us know what the doctor says and how you're feeling.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.