Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Feeling to much pain
mltlouise posted:
Is there a disease or syndrome that relates to feeling more pain then the average person would feel? I am in so much pain. All the symptoms that I have show something abnormal but probably not to have the amount of pain that I have. I know the whole thing about Fibromyalgia. I heard the term 25 years ago when they still called it an "itis". I am 50 years old. At 25 I was a healthy, athletic, Mother of 2 beautiful sons. It started with headaches to Migraines to horrible muscle pain and spasms. It hurts just to press slightly on my rib area and actually all over. Totally abnormal response. I have been to hell and back and too much history with the medical field to tell. I actually am a health care worker that has a very active job. I have learned that being idle is probably the worse thing to do. Just causes more pain and stiffness. But sometimes it is just to hard to fight from the minute you get out of bed to when you finally cannot wait for sleep.I'm not asking for sympathy or disability just an answer. Sorry so long. Thanks for any information you can give me. I have Myasthenia gravis(neg). but am not positive for any other autoimmune disease. I actually think they will figure out what has happened to Millions of people with systems like mine years after we are gone.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Mltlouise and welcome to WebMD,

As you did mention Fibromyalgia (I have FM and have dealt with all of those symptoms too), I encourage you to also post on our Fibromyalgia community while you're waiting for responses here.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

Maytree responded:
Have you researched C.R.P.S. at all?

deansmimi replied to Maytree's response:
What is C.R.P.S.?

From deansmimi

mltlouise replied to Maytree's response:
I have not but am going to look it up now. Thank you.

annette030 replied to deansmimi's response:
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. It is the new name for RSD, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.