Skip to content
Frozen Shoulder - Pain is unbearable!!
An_241065 posted:
My pain started about 4 months ago, 1st a dull ache in my shoulder and arm, then it gradually got worse, because of my cardiac issues (heart attack & stint put in 10yrs ago) I thought maybe this was the problem,the signs were the same but different. Over the past 4months I have had the following tests, stress test, MRI, nuclear MRI, vertical MRI, xrays, blood tests, EKG's, you name it I had it, my heart & arteries checked out ok, it all goes back to the Orthopedic Dr. telling me I have a frozen shoulder!! Physical therapy didn't help, i'm not taking any type of drugs for this, just my usual heart meds. I do my exersizes and band work but the night is the worst, i get maybe 2-3 hrs a night. I'm worn out. What I want to know from anyone afflicted with this, my pain not only is in my shoulder, arm it also goes from over my left breast , straight accross to my side. I just can't believe the pain is this bad, I didn't knowingly hurt myself so it is more unbelievable. Any feedback woould be greatly appreciated.
I'm a male 57 years old.

annette030 responded:
What does your orthopedic doctor suggest for you to do? I assume you have seen him and told him that you are doing your exercises, but not getting any sleep at night.

Take care, Annette

billyf27 responded:
Both of my shoulders are frozen and I have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. You should get an EMG which may or may not show it. Here is more info: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24&order=desc

_swank_ responded:
Frozen shoulders just happen and doctors don't really know why. My doctor just treats with pain meds since there's not a whole lot that can be done that's non-surgical. The only good news is that it goes away on it's own eventually.

billyf27 replied to _swank_'s response:
Unless there is nerve damage like mine. I had for 4 years now.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 65 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.