Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Could this pain be associated with my gastritis?
Iamaroyalhobbit posted:
Just within the last 3 weeks I was diagnosed with something called gastritis. Ever since I went to the doctors, I have felt like crap. My gastritis has seemed to settle down since taking medication but now I'm experiencing new symptoms. Two days ago I was feeling a weird pain in my lower left abdomen that felt like gas, bloating, etc. It did go away but now I'm feeling the same pain in my lower right abdomen. I haven't vomited, had blood in my stool, and the pain is like a dull ache. I'm not sure if what I'm feeling right now is associated with my gastritis but I'm hoping it is. The pain is right near my right hip bone and I've felt is ever since I had a beer two days. I also had spicy food too which I'm sure didn't help my case either.
If anyone could help me that would be great, thanks.

head2toe responded:
I'm wondering are you male or female because you could be talking about your ovaries?Also is the pain moving from left to right or staying on both sides? One more ? is the pain lower than your belly button and is it more towards the front or your back, if you can tell?
Sincerely,
Debbie

Iamaroyalhobbit replied to head2toe's response:
I am female and it has moved between both sides. One morning it was on the left side but then it went away. Then yesterday it moved to the right side and it's still there today. The pain is just a little lower then my belly button and it's more towards the front.

1wareaglefan responded:
Hello, I'm sorry you've got gastritis....I was diagnosed with chronic gastritis, and it's definitely no fun!

My pain is usually up a little higher, so I don't know. I do know that alcohol and spicy foods are the worst! I started having such pain with mine, that I finally started reading about what kind of foods to eat and avoid.

I'd probably contact the doctor, if it doesn't go away. Good luck!

head2toe replied to Iamaroyalhobbit's response:

Well ovaries could still come in to play so something to consider.With the gastritis as you said drinking alcohol and spicy food would be a big no-no. I know it's easier said then done, however you really need to stick to it.....sorry. The pain from gas moving through your bowels can be painful. That's why i asked was it moving from one side to another. So yes this can be from your gastritis.

Right now you say the pain is dull if it gets worse please call your doctor or go to the hospital if needed.You have gastritis however you can have other things on top of that too. Sometimes when a doctor and patient get a diagnosis that fits the symptoms all sounds good, well as good as it can for being sick.

You know your body better than anyone if your symptoms continue or progress then don't hesitate to let your doctor know. There are other conditions that can fit that profile and if the doctor doesn't know he or she can't look further. Of course this is just my opinion, nothing more, trying to give you a little peace of mind, PLEASE remember this is the Internet and no one is able or allowed to give a diagnosis. I know sometimes you just want some information from people that have been through the same thing.

If you can keep me posted and i hope things get better for you soon!

Sending positive thoughts your way!!
Sincerely,
Debbie

annette030 replied to Iamaroyalhobbit's response:
Talk to your doctor. Let him know where the pain is what the quality of the pain is, and how long it seems to last. That is all stuff he needs to know to make a diagnosis properly.

Gastritis is an inflammation of the stomach lining, the pain sounds a bit low for gastritis, check with the doctor.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

I live in Arizona
If you drive in Arizona you can goto jail for DUI for any meds in your system, There are no buses where I live. I guess I will just sit ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.