Skip to content
Loss of Appetite on Pain Meds
mikmock posted:
Hello Community, I would like some advice on how you have handled the loss of appetite that comes with some pain meds. I am currently on the Fentynal patch and Oxycodone for break-through pain. I have absolutely NO appetite and continue to struggle to maintain weight - after loosing over 40 pounds in the last 2 years. Granted, it is better for my spinal problems to be thinner, but I'm 5' 9" and struggling to hold at 130 pounds! I look terrible I tried an antidepressent Remerol with no luck - made me sooo sleepy I never really woke up and no help with appetite or smoking cessation as hoped. Any ideas? Anyone used Marinol?

rocko86 responded:
had the same thing happpen to me and i also am on the PATCH,BUT it pass and i was not taking OXCY'S so im thinking it could b from the oxcy's,but is what i started to do i bought ice cream shakes that what help me out and after awhile my appetite slowly came back----i hope this helps but trust me u are not along my body has went threw a lot changes with some these pain meds what strength patch are u on??
gllll talk soon

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

medication
Hi! I hope this finds you feeling better I know finding the right meds are hard. I agree with fentanyl being strong...have they ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 8 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.