Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cannot Sleep~ surgery on Thursday.
ctbeth posted:
I had no idea, until tonight, that I'm having some anxiety over this up-coming procedure. I've been through many more-serious procedures, so I don't understand why this one is frightening me so.

Maybe I'm just sick of being sick.

Anyone else awake? Any ideas?

If not, "see" you tomorrow.

Bet

annette030 responded:
I will keep good thoughts for you on Thursday. As a nurse, you know that any kind of surgery has risks, even minor stuff. People forget that with our knowledge comes bad as well as good.

All you can do is be prepared, and have your family there to look out for you. I know you already know that.

Hugs, Annette

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Earlier this year I had a routine surgery (and have had many more dramatic surgeries before) and I was fairly calm about it but never really comfy with the idea either.

When you have chronic pain you know there's gonna be a fallout from any surgery (and there was), medications can be shifted and it may take a while to regain balance in that regard, fatigue can hit harder, reaction to anesthetic, etc. Let alone what Annette mentioned... with you being a nurse, you're probably more aware than most of a variety of aspects.

Remind yourself to breathe. And I hope that just expressing it here helped to ease the pressure a bit.

I'll be thinking of you too on Thursday and look forward to your update afterwards. (((hugs)))
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

annette030 responded:
It is Friday night, how are you doing? I was not on line yesterday at all, but I was thinking of you.

Hugs, Annette

annette030 replied to annette030's response:
I am still thinking about you, hope all is going well.

Hugs, Annette

steverreno responded:
Beth,

Do not be afraid, keep your faith close to you and know my prayers and I are with you all the way.

Steverreno

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thinking of you too, Bet. (((hugs)))
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

Anon_527 responded:
Why are you ignoring these people who are so concerned about you??

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Anon_527's response:
I don't think Bet is ignoring anyone here.

For one reason or another, it looks like she's not been able to get back here again to post. I'm sure she'll update us when she can.
~Joseph Campbell

ctbeth replied to Anon_527's response:
I've not been online much. feeling pretty miserable still and we suffered a death in my family a few weeks ago.

I was on a little yesterday.

I thank you for your concern; it means a lot.

Hoping to "catch up" with email, internet stuff, etc, soon.

It's a very busy week for everyone, especially post-op and trying to make the holidays for my family.

Still, it's so sweet to know that there are people like you who care.

Thank you.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to ctbeth's response:
((((hugs))))

Sorry to hear you're struggling so much right now. My condolences for your recent loss, Bet.

Thank you for checking in.
~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Coping Technic: Rhythm
Often the treasured Holiday Music by the time the Holiday arrives is 4 ME considered a headache...some how there is always someone in MY ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 5 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.