Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chronic pain and mental illness
mazzarisi posted:
How does one cope with a double whammy of bipolar depression,PTSD, COUPLED WITH SPINAL STENOSIS fusions l4l5 I believe all this intensifies my condition Can someone share their experiences with similiar circumstance mazzarisi

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Mazzarisi,

I know you're not the only one on WebMD who has to deal with both Bipolar and a pain condition and often more.

While you're waiting for responses here, try also posting about this aspect on our Bipolar Community .
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

redpirate responded:
I understand completely, I also have bi polar (type 2), PTSD, OCD, and a variety of other issues. Chronic pain can make you so grochy and impact the quality of you life so completely. It really stinks. Have you found a medication for your bi polar that works yet? Start there, I did. I have taken so many it's not funny. Partailly because the Docs misdiagnosed my problem as being only chronic depression (who wouldn't be chronicly depressed having to deal with that kind of pain?) Don't give up!!! It is vital that you continue to attempt to get relief on whatever front that you can. I have had several Doctors reccomend spinal fusion for my Chronic low and cervical spinal pain. I refused this treatment, because they couldn't be sure it would work. That made it not worth it to me. I'm 50 and I have been dealing with this since I was 15. At this time, I an just suffering with it. I have put off turning to pain meds, cuz, gads that's another slippery slope. And even though I don't have a history of addiction, I have not wanted to risk it. I am now trying to get my SSI and have all but retired. Don't give up. If the Doctor you are seeing isn't helping, go see another! Doctor's opinions are much the same as anyone else's. They vary. Keep trying, have courage and know there are others who understand. Best of luck!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

I live in Arizona
If you drive in Arizona you can goto jail for DUI for any meds in your system, There are no buses where I live. I guess I will just sit ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.