Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

Includes Expert Content
any advice is welcome!!
Kas99 posted:
Hello to all!Ive become a new member to this community hoping to receive and give advice and empathy to people like me who must live day in/out with moderate to severe chronic pain.I would REALLY appreciate any advice/suggestions to an issue i'm having.I'm trying to find a comparable subsituition for roxicodone.The medication is obsolete where i live.Ive been taking roxicodone with either ms contin or duragesic pathces for 6 years and now i am unable to continue this treatment due to availalability.What would be a good replacement (for the roxicodone) medication to be taken in addition to an extended release medication?(F.Y.I.-My stomach cannot handle the acetemetiphen in percocet.)
annette030 responded:
Just let your doctor know and tell him you are having a problem with availability. A pharmacist may also be useful.

I take generic oxycodone in 5 mg. pills, works fine for me, and the 5 mg. is available where I live. The pharmacist just wrote on the label how many to take. There is also immediate release morphine, and other meds also.

Take care, Annette
David Maine, MD responded:
There are a number of immediate release medications that can be used for chronic pain. I would discuss this with your prescribing doctor. You should be able to find an alternative that provides effective relief. Roxicodone (made by Xanodyne pharmaceuticals) is a name brand for oxycodone. You should be able to get a generic of this as well. Good luck.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

RSD and Dealing with the crap
I have found that 8 hours of sleep will not happen. Instead I sleep in 2-3 hour shifts. If the sheets hurt, uncover from the bottom of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 5 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.