Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
knee pain
bobm1962 posted:
I have a job where I walk on cement for 10 hours a day. I have been having terrible knee pain. the doctor told me he thought it was a torn Miniscus and ordered an MRI but companies insurance turned it down and sent me to another dr. He says the same thing. In the mean time I am looking for something to help with the pain. The doctors have only given me an anti-inflamatory and I am taking Ibibrofin but it is not doing anything. they have also ordered theropy but am a little worried about the pain it may cause. any suggestions

David Maine, MD responded:
Bob, There are a number of different anti-inflamatories that can be used, some more effective than others. You should discuss this with your docotor. PT can actually be very helpful for knee pain. Lastly, an injection can be used to help treat the pain but I would reserve this only if other conservative options fail. Ultimately, if indeed a torn menicus is the problem and pain persist, an MRI will be required. Best of luck.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

TylenolExpert
Overdoses from acetaminophen send thousands of people to the emergency room in the U.S. each year according the Centers for Disease Control ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.