Skip to content
Fracture above my left ankle.
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I fell down the stairs 2 months ago but just had it checked out about a month ago. I'm in an aircast up to my knee. It's feeling okay while in the aircast but when I have it off my ankle kills. Especially when sleeping and turning and pushing on my leg to turn over. I'm 48 years old. The pain pills don't work and they actually keep me awake at nignt.

Anybody know about legs/ankles.
BB

annette030 responded:
You need to talk to the doctor who put you in the aircast to begin with. Many pain pills give one a boost of energy for awhile, unfortunately that goes away with time for most of us.

Take care, Annette

beautifulbuffalo replied to annette030's response:
Went to the Dr. today about my fractured leg. He said it was a bad fracture and not healed yet. I have to continue wearing the air cast, The big clod hoping thing. Was hoping I could go back to my sneakers at least. I've been in the cast for 4 weeks already.
BB

annette030 replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Just think back to the olden days of plaster casts, and you will be happier about the air cast, lol.

Stick it out and do as you are told. Better it should heal properly than badly and give you a chronic problem.

Take care, Annette

_swank_ replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Fractures take at least 6 weeks to heal, sometimes more. You're just going to have to learn to live with it.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.