Skip to content
Share Your Pets
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
We've talked about this before but I never tire of hearing about your pets, past and present. Our pets bring so much into our lives and I've known many people who are isolated due to various health conditions who stay connected and consoled by the love of their pets.

I don't currently have a pet due to allergies but have, in the past, found great comfort in a dog or a cat, even if those pets belonged to friends or my kids. And I always thought I was a 'dog person' until my son got a cat and, well, cats can make me laugh so much because they try so hard to be dignified and almost always fail miserably. Of course, dogs are such loving dorks that they make me laugh too. And laughter really is the best medicine.

Tell us about your pet(s) and what they bring to your life.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

davedsel57 responded:
We have two dogs and four cats.

Buster is our now 11-month old Shih-Tzu:

Rosebud is our now 5-year-old Shih-Tzu/Pekingese mix:

Onyx is our now almost 8 year old male cat:

Trinity is our 7.5 year old female cat. She lost her front left leg when she was about 2 months old due to nerve damage:

Cookie is our 9 year old female orange tabby cat:

Sammie is our 6 year old male cat. He was found in a friend's yard as a tiny kitten and she gave him to us:

Our little zoo give us a great deal of joy.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
You have quite the menagerie, Dave! What a lot of joy you have around you.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
~Joseph Campbell

Lauralizzie01 responded:

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Lauralizzie01's response:
These are great!

When I asked you to share your pets, I didn't expect pictures along with any stories, so this has been unexpected and delightful!
~Joseph Campbell

ctbeth replied to Lauralizzie01's response:

ctbeth replied to ctbeth's response:
I tried to post a pic of my greyhound, Depeche. She didn't show up. Sorry

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to ctbeth's response:
No worries, Beth. Any pic you share has to sit elsewhere, someplace public, for it to show up here. I have problems with this too.

How about you tell us about Depeche...?
~Joseph Campbell

davedsel57 replied to ctbeth's response:
Beth,

When I click on your link above, I get this error message:

"This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Sharing pictures from Facebook is really quirky. I store my digital images in Photobucket.com, and then create a direct link and paste the link using the little camera icon.

Hope you can get the picture here. I would love to see your pet.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

ctbeth replied to davedsel57's response:
Yes, I know that her pic doesn't show. There isn't a pre-view or option to cancel a post, so there's nothing I can do about it.

She is a greyhound- retired from racing. She's so pretty and such a sweet dog.

I also have three cats. I love them so much!

Usually, when I go to sleep, I have Depeche (greyhound) and two of the cats in bed with me.

TDXSP08 responded:

i have no small step for man, but i have 6 tires for mankind,Watch your Toes!

dfromspencer responded:
HI, i had a rat for a pet. Her name was Pricsilla Lilly. Sorry, no pics. She was the sweetest litle darling! She kept me from feeling so alone. Each day i would take her out of her cage, and let her run around on my couch and easy chair. She loved to run and jump up on the back of the couch. Sometimes, she would go to sleep sitting between my neck and the back of my chair. She was all white, except for her eyes, they were black. She sure was a loving little thing. Every time i opened the fridge, she would sit up and watch, just to see if she was getting a treat? I fell so in love with that little rat, when she passed away two weekends ago, i was so devastated! I cried so hard, the vet left the room. When i finally made it out to my van, i sat there for a half hour crying too hard to drive. We humans can certainly fall in love with our animals, cant we? I would certainly like to hear from others that have had rats for pets. I never have heard from any. Maybe having a rat isn't for many people? They truely are wonderful pets! I will always love my Prissy girl, i miss her sooooo much! I really enjoyed seeing and hearing of these other pets! I expected many more than these few! Thank you for this thread! Dennis

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to dfromspencer's response:
I'm so sorry about your rat, Dennis. Losing a beloved pet is always so hard.
~Joseph Campbell

Kajakat responded:
I am owned by three fids (feathered kids). One is a parrot and the other two are an uncommon type of parakeet called lineolated and they are sisters.

They make me laugh and keep me company. I have many stories that would show birds are more intelligent than we give them credit for. I was unexpectedly in the hospital for five days. When i came home ( i live by myself) they were so happy to see me. When i got in bed I brought my parrot to sit with me. She immediately moved herself under my neck with her body touching mine. If I shifted she moved too and kept in physical touch with me. She never did that before. I was able to pet her and talk softly to here. It moved me so much I cried. This little life form missed me and wanted to be with me.

I suffer from psoriatic arthritis which has upset my world. I have boughts of depression and one day I was sittling on my couch crying. The three girls flew over to me and sat on my shoulder watching me. I actually had to laugh at how they watched me. One even came over to my face and preened my eyebrows. There is nothing like a birdy facial. I could go on but these little life entities give me so much. Many people are cynical about the stories I relate. But if you ask any bird person they will understand. I love my fids.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

TylenolExpert
Overdoses from acetaminophen send thousands of people to the emergency room in the U.S. each year according the Centers for Disease Control ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.